What kind of operations do our Thoracic Surgeons perform?
Our thoracic surgeons excel at the entire range of minimally invasive and complex open surgery required for treatment of disorders of the chest. Whenever possible, they favor minimally invasive techniques including use of the DaVinci Robot, Video Assisted Thoracoscopy (VATS) and Laparoscopy. When you meet with them, they will offer an honest opinion regarding the best approach for your situation.
What diseases do our Thoracic Surgeons treat?
Thoracic surgeons operate on diseases that occur in the organs inside the chest, and in the bony structures and tissues that form the chest cavity. Listed below are some examples of diseases treated by thoracic surgeons.
- Lung cancer and lung nodules
- Esophageal cancer
- Other masses and tumors of the chest and chest wall
- Severe emphysema
- Pleural Effusion
- Chest wall deformities or injuries
- Diaphragmatic and hiatal hernias
- Esophageal disorders such as achalasia and esophageal diverticulum
- Axillary and palmar hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating of the armpit and palm)